One of the most important lessons i think i could ever try to get across to SEO’s is the fact that doing SEO is for far more than rankings.
Far too many people who call themselves SEO’s haven’t a clue about conversion,marketing or making money and it then becomes a very expensive hobby just to get bragging rights of ranking for a bunch of keyword phrases!
Sorry if i sound harsh but i see this time and time again and quite frankly its Time we addressed this!
$10,000 In 4 weeks With a Free Offer Part 1
So lets get straight into this and we will set some campaign goals, with a timeline and with a plan of action.
Its important to note that every campaign i do is unique, has its own goals and every campaign has initial goals as well as longer term goals.
As an example i did a blog post a few month back about How I Got Over 18% Conversions & $8.42 EPC, For My JV Page Case Study, now that initial promo did just over $5000 sales in 48 hours as a promo to my own subscribers, and as the tile mentioned it was part of a case study to add to my jv page for the launch of that software.
At the time i can remember a friend asking me “Are You Actually Making Any Money?” Due to the kind of low volume revenue from that promotion. The fact is that i deliberately targeted just my own subscribers and didn’t allow any affiliates to mail that offer despite having multiple affiliate requests
3 months later we did full blown heavyweight launch, we changed the name to IFTTT Backlink Commando for the tool, and we did a $135,000 product launch.
As you can see, there are initial goals, and longer term goals!
Ok so lets do this again from scratch and we will have a combination of Traffic Sources, including SEO, Paid Ads, Email marketing and possibly some others too.
There are several elements that we need to consider and some tools we need to be able to access as well as some copy, some graphics, squeeze page and sales page.
Lets Talk About Marketing Basics!
- Always have a marketing plan, no matter how basic it looks on paper.
- Every campaign should be part of a grander marketing plan
- Should have clearly defined goals and targets to hit
- Should have a clear and obvious monetization strategy
- Ideally with a plan on how to use that money (You ALWAYS need a “WHY!”)
Lets Talk About Marketing Plans!
Here’s an example of a simplified one that i am working on right now for my own business to increase revenue this year, via promoting other peoples products…
- New Promo Format for High Quality Offers
- Always additional training given for anything promoted
- Max of One promo per week for launches
- Max of One promo per week in webinars with SEO Product creator guests that have discounts for us
- Additional Revenue to Reinvest Into New Web Based Tools
- Build Trust In My Product Recommendations
- Help People Use What They Buy!
- Have FUN doing it!
As you can see here we always need to have a why or we at at risk of not following through or committing 100% to a campaign or new project. This is a simple but important lesson in life and especially in internet marketing as we can easily get distracted. We can do some thing to cut down on distractions but better to be aggressive in trying to achieve goals rather than looking for reasons for failure!
Distractions will always be there, just make sure your “WHY” is far stronger than accepting failure!
Let’s Talk About Creating Marketing Elements Before Traffic…
In Other Words “Marketing 101”
There is a need to cover this because simply…
- There are far too many SEO’s not doing this!
- Let me ask you…Are You doing SEO for bragging rights or to make money? (especially local SEO’s)
- Before You Send Traffic you NEED a Marketing Strategy!
- Ideally That Strategy Will Involve, Lead capture of at least an email address and
Ideally some social traffic elements too like a social locker
The easiest way to achieve this is to give something in exchange for an email in step one of your traffic arriving to your target URL. This means that you are building a list from the traffic you worked hard to get, so that you can re-market to them multiple times. In other words we are maximizing the traffic you are paying for via buying links, content, work and time.
You are either paying with time or money or both!
We do need access to some basic tools
Every SEO & Internet Marketer should have access to a high quality Squeeze & sales page builder system like Lead Pages, Click Funnels or recent WordPress plugins like insta builder 2.0 or the recent Sean Donahoe one.
Every SEO should have access to a quality video creation Tool too like Video Maker FX, Explaindio or similar. Personally i use camtasia for 99.9% of my videos as my style is teaching and not so much promo type videos and i need to explain things in a way that makes sense to SEO’s who are interested in buying my software’s and training.
Creating Marketing Elements Before Driving Traffic…
Keep It Simple!
Before we think about driving traffic we need to have our marketing elements in place or “a funnel” as we more commonly call it.
Here are some simple tips and rules!
- Use professional tools to get the job done quickly (lead pages for example)
- Use templates that get the message across effectively, while being quick and easy to do
- Have confidence in the free offer! (Know that it will convert!)
- Use a thank you page that gives them a reason to social share link to your squeeze page
OK so lets dive straight into the REAL Money Making case Study!
The Great Social SEO Giveaway
- Give Away Social Traffic Commando (value 97.00)
- Give Away Social Syndication Commando (value 97.00)
- Upsell Social Account Creator for $97.00 & $147.00 (1 & 2 comp license options)
- Upsell an OTO 2 (Still to be decided which one)
- Squeeze Page
- Upsell Sales Page
- Video For Sales Page
- Video For Hydravid, Web 2.0 Commando
- Semantic Density keywords, descriptions and titles etc (for squeeze page and videos)
- Retargeting Code On Site
- Automated Webinar Registration On Purchase