A Guide To Lazy Blog Promotion Strategies That Work!
A few years back blog promotion for some people (including myself:) was using sites like Ping FM which now no longer exists to have automated backlinking going on and throwing high volume links at the blog post.
Nowadays we need our content to be recommended as well as syndicated and some high quality backlinks.
The good news is that if your content is good quality, creative, actionable and well presented then the chances of getting influencers linking to or sharing your content are pretty high if you have followed some basic principles. This blog post is not going to jump into those specific principles but will instead assume that they are in play and we will focus on the blog promotion “things to do” instead.
I do have some good news however if you are curious about the content creation principles and that is that i am running a case study on that this week and we will have a blog post just about that in depth very soon.
In fact, that case study starts with this blog post and the elements i am talking about will all be in here:)
So lets start with the stuff we can and should automate so that we have as much being done as possible hands free, which in turn gives us more time to do blogger and influencer outreach as well as additional backlinking and social media promotions.
Set & Forget Automated Blog Promotion Strategies
Use IFTTT For Syndication
IFTTT is a great tool that we can use for automating of backlinks, building web 2.0 blog networks, associating authority content with our own content and syndication of our content too. I have created software’s with all 4 strategies mentioned already built in and you can get one of those free IFTTT SEO tools today for free now by clicking here! :)
When i first started using IFTTT we were creating things like linkwheels which by the time the syndication had gone through the IFTTT system then we had spammy looking blog post headlines and titles. I have pulled it back and became far more strategic since then and while there is some SEO strategies built in there really is more focus on building and associating with authority and 1005 hands free once it has been set up.
You can simply set up to automate syndication from your blog to post to Blogger, Stumble, Delicious, Tumblr and more. This does however work best by syndicating Influencers content within your niche at the same time. It also works best if choosing one of the blogging platforms like blogger or tumblr to be the SEO focus of the syndication, which is what happens naturally when you use this tool to auto create your recipes in IFTTT.
Use Onlywire RSS Options For Hands Free Backlinks
Onlywire is still an awesome tool that i use even with literally thousands of IFTTT accounts. It’s even better if you use the RSS fed feature within onlywire to automate your own blog content syndication and this time we do not mix with other peoples content. Onlywire costs just $49.00 per year and for that you get up to 1000 links per month from your social accounts.
This is plenty as what we really are doing here is building authority networks again but with only your own content. Typically i will add the RSS feed for my blog, for my YouTube channel and that’s it.
To avoid using the same accounts every time from various syndication platforms (onlywire, IFTTT etc) you need to have different accounts set up which can be done for you in fiverr.com. You are using these for different purposes, some are for SEO and backlinks, some are for syndication and some are to your REAL social profiles that you use daily like Twitter, facebook etc.
Automated Social Scheduling Tools
Most serious content creators are using social scheduling tools to re-share their work multiple times. Social media timelines on facebook and twitter are often moving too fast and your content needs to be reshared multiple times to be found. There are several great tools for this and i will focus on just 3 to give you an idea of what you can use.
Post Planner, Social Oomph and Hootsuite are some of the most popular social sharing tools and they all offer an rss feed solution from your blog to post multiple times to your main social accounts.
Sociocaster has just been released recently in a jvzoo launch and has a one time cost and offers some awesome social sharing options too.
Here is a mind map i created for myself when doing research that you may find useful and helpful too:)
Now let’s Look At Blogger Outreach…
This is the scariest part for many people and i can understand why. But, do NOT let it put you off!
I have the same problem when it comes to product launches, that i hire people for a lot of money to do the affiliate networking and management for me, as i do not like approaching people and risking being insincere in my approach to ask for their support.
In fact it got so bad and expensive for me to do that, that i got really good at getting the same results (or better) just from my own efforts to customers direct. My most recent release Video Synd Alpha has already grossed $112.000 in revenue with only $12,000 coming from affiliates.
When we properly launch video synd alpha we have plenty proof and case studies for the product selling (for affiliates to make money promoting) and driving traffic and rankings for its customers.
I fully expect this will be more than $500k launch when we get around to it, and that’s being conservative.
One more thing, these sales were not done by paid ads either, this was referral traffic and my own list!
That is one hell of a case study on how to not need to depend on other people!
So what do we need to do?
Lets start with services we can subscribe to as customers so that we can purchase part of your blogger outreach.
I have seen my own content get shared by twitter accounts with 14000+ followers and seen thousands of hits to my blog as a result. With both of these services you set up campaigns in seconds and set a budget and just leave it to get shared although you can come back in and bump your content to the first page again after a couple of days.
Are they worth it?
Sure they are! Especially if you have the fear of approaching influencers, this is a good place to start!
Another service i like is Blog Engage which is semi automated, and there are more too like tribber, empire avenue and synnd, which for some reason i could never properly understand any of these well enough to use and set up correctly.
You can also buy fiverr gigs for each of those too, which for me can make more sense as i haven’t got the time to go through learning curves of these services.
Finally, you can buy blogger outreach here, but wait for my case study video course before you do that as i will be testing 2 or 3 of these services. There is a specific way i have in mind for using these and it needs to be tested:)
Online Press Releases
This is huge! But, i am going to tell you truthfully that i have an online press release service and that i believe hand on heart that its the best value Press release service available (because of what we do after you have submitted your press release is not repeated anywhere else!)
My press release service is called MassMedia SEO, its a high value product that we have tweaked and improved since i bought the business last year to make it into something very unique and special.
First lets talk about the SEO value of press releases
With MassMedia SEO, a typical press release will get distributed to around 170 news sites.
Think about this for a second, that means 170 referring domains, often with high authority!
Now you can also use multi media press releases with MassMedia SEO and that means you can add a video. This us where things get very powerful because if you have submitted a video we will take that video, upload it to the MassMedia SEO YouTube channel and do some manual SEO and syndication from there to pack massive SEO power into your content and link it back to the press release on our news site.
But, It gets even better!
We will also submit your press release to a Google news site too which also creates more syndication of your press release and video naturally.
Often you will find that online press releases rank quickly (within minutes), the trick is to expand on that impact with manual SEO, done sensibly and done well. We have a case study here of how one press release got over 633,000 hits (which is now at 900,000 hits as of today and still increases by approximately 500 hits a day).
The cost of these is what really sets us apart as a business that cares about the customer. Its just $67.00 for 5 press releases per month and you will be able to use credits that you haven’t used yet until it reaches a maximum of 50 credits. In comparison with others they are often charging hundreds of dollars and do not do any Manual SEO.
MassMedia SEO is constantly being improved and we are always going to remain affordable in comparison to others.
These are so easy to get done these days and even at very low cost, that they really should be used for every piece of content that you really want to rank for. I am guilty myself of not doing these often but the benefits are huge from both traffic, influencer and SEO value.
- Infographics get a lot of social shares
- There are lots of great infographic directory sites that give high value do follow backlinks
- It still isn’t that saturated as people just don’t do it even although the benefits are huge
- By adding an infographic to your blog post your moving toward epic content and your post has a higher perceived value that people want to share, bookmark or mention to others.
I will have an infographic created for this blog post too and record step by step the process of planning it and getting it done at low cost but good quality.
Also fatjoe.co do infographic creation and infographic blogger outreach too
You should by now understand the power of video, its massive!
Adding video toy our content gives you multiple options for SEO, Guest blogging, content distribution and social traffic
Lets discuss each of those 4 main points!
1. Video SEO
- SEO with video can result in Google page one rankings very easily. This can be done in multiple ways too. In fact, i have created over 40 Video SEO Tools over the past 3 years and continue to create SEO strategies with video and automate them. One of my tools Video Synd Alpha is an absolute SEO beast but can be used for white hat SEO (which believe it or not, is how i use it myself lol)
- We have other tools to for live streaming pre recorded videos via Google hangouts and YouTube live events, which we have case study after casee study proving that this ranks videos faster than simple YouTube uploads.
- YouTube has given us some fantastic tools too for doing marketing, such as annotations where we can add a call to action to our videos, these can and should be used to create a bigger email list just by simply giving something of value away related to the video. It can be something simple such a s a checklist or cheat sheet but it will build your audience and influence too!
2. Guest Blogging
- I did some testing in 2011 using myblogguest.com and using video with simple bullet points. in that test i submitted a couple of videos teaching how to get links from wikipedia and how to find high PR aged domains at low cost. These videos were allowed to be shared to multiple blogs like infographics are on that site. it resulted in 10,000 visitors to my old blog kissim.org within a period of just a few days.
- make sure you have retargeting cookies on your site if you do this and also make sure you are giving away something and have a squeeze page or leadbox to collect email addresses in exchange for the gift!
- I will be redoing this as a case study too and recording every step.
3. Video for Content Distribution
- This is now so easy its crazy. we have multiple options from social syndication, web 2.0 syndication and video sharing site syndication as well and blog networks.
- Tools like video synd alpha will take care of a lot of syndication for video and it has in built SEO strategies ready for you to checkbox to use too.
- Fiverr gigs can get you video syndication too from Traffic Geyser gigs or from manual videos sharing site distribution.
- Web 2.0 and social syndication can be automated using IFTTT at NO cost!
4. Social Traffic
- Facebook video is now trying to compete with YouTube and this gives us another unique traffic opportunity. Both platforms need to be used in different ways but social bakers did a very good piece on it here to compare how to use each.
- This is something that myself and my coders will be working on over the next few weeks and months too, for to create an automated Facebook video software with built in traffic strategies, automated and push button simple.
Warm Traffic & Click Bait!
Lets cover these one at a time to avoid confusion.
- When using re-targeting, we can add cookies to peoples computers and start stalking them around the net with adverts.
- This can be done from Facebook, adwords or even Media Buy traffic
- Re-targeting pixels can be added to links that you are sharing and as soon as they are clicked the person is automatically pixeled for you to re-target.
- This means you can add re-targeting pixels by sharing news stories on Facebook for example and adding your re-targeting html code into a tool like pin point and your good to go.
- This is why i have added warm traffic and click bait because the news story strategy is click bait and is not warm traffic
- To make this work you can do news jacking as described or to do click bait you need to create curiosity, scarcity and a very compelling headline to force the click.
- This is traffic that have been exposed to your content
- They will be familiar with you previously having visited your site or maybe on your email subscriber list
- This is the most powerful type of traffic and they hopefully know, like and trust you!
- You can send this traffic to your content just by emailing and increase social shares and bookmarks and natural traffic instantly
- For those that are not on your email list then you can re-target as warm traffic and give them a reason to come back to your blog.
- WE have some re-targeting strategies here for you to check out that are low cost including how to get Facebook ads at 75% less cost than buying inside Facebook ads itself:)
Ok so lets pause this article here for the time being and i will be adding some videos, Infographic, mind maps and more over the next few days. I hope you have enjoyed learning about these blog promotion strategies, and each one will be used for this post while being recorded in a short step by step case study too.
Finally, before we finish up for this session, here is another Mind Map in have been working on for myself which you can benefit from too.
The missing blog promotion strategies are the influencer outreach, will will get into that too but lets do these first, record them and then compare with results when we do proper influencer outreach.