Another case study today for my last full blown launch which was nearly a year ago.
That sounds like a long time but believe me when I tell you that in internet marketing you DO NOT need to be launching often to make a very decent living. In fact my style is quite the opposite and I can still turnover mid to high 6 figures per year without major affiliate based launching.
We did two launches last December totaling 281,451 in revenue to date and there is still more coming in monthly from the recurring monthly upsells we had on those launches.
Here is a couple of screenshots from within JVzoo:
Lets focus on The IFTTT Backlink Commando launch as I implemented a new funnel strategy based on the lessons learned from the Tube Live Commando launch. This was simplicity at work using hard data that made a huge difference.
Let me explain…
I started designing funnels with the OTO’s to do one thing…. SELL and get folks onto the next upsell.
With that in mind and lessons leared from Tube Live I decided in the IFTTT launch we would do the OTO 1 at lower cost and make it a “No Brainer” to anyone with SEO knowledge. We stacked that OTO with value and sold it at just $17.00 and it made a massive difference. We were converting at just under 40% throughout the launch week for this OTO and it was actually the top seller in JVzoo for most of that week.
The reason it was top seller and not the front end product was because we had multiple options for the front end which resulted in more than one buy button being on that front end sales page.
We added an OTO 2, 3 & 4 too.
The OTO 2 has additional features built into the same software, each upgrade as always was extra features to the main product and building up into a complete SEO strategy tool with each feature complimenting the main tool (as was the OTO 1).
The OTO 3 & OTO 4 were both recurring monthly offers at $37.00 monthly each. Not too high to put people off and not too low as not to make a profit.
Here is the graphic of the sales funnel we used in the IFTTT Backlink Commando Launch
The $37.00 price point is one I have found to work really well since I did my first software recurring monthly product back in 2012. I tested and played around and found that this price point not only sells better for Internet marketing products but retains people for longer too with an average of 4.5 months in my testing.
Of course its better to offer a discount on the yearly option which is what I do now, but we will always introduce a monthly option when things calm down and to retain daily and weekly sales after an initial Beta release or full blown affiliate (heavy traffic) launch.
You will notice in the 2nd screenshot that refund rates seem high. That’s because of cancellations over the past year for the recurring products and when you understand that, the refund rates are actually incredibly low.
Here are the Key take away points from this launch
- I used launch manager and partners to drive as much traffic as possible through their affiliate recruitment efforts, leaving me to focus on the product and sales funnel.
- We had the Pre launch webinar set up for before launch where we opened the buy button for 60 minutes during the pre launch webinar and closed again until official launch opening, generating very high EPC and conversion stats (affiliates look at stats when choosing what to email) which kept going throughout the launch.
- We gave the top affiliates discount coupons to use.
- The front end offer was low priced at $27.00 & $37.00
- We re-targeted everyone who landed on that sales page and drove at least 150 to 200 more sales by doing so.
- I gave some very cool software bonuses in pre launch to maximize list building as well as during launch to maximise sales.
- This was another great product, unique, in demand and based around a brilliant SEO strategy but made super easy with lightning fast account creation tools, as well as advanced SEO strategies built into the OTO versions that were “checkbox easy” to implement.
- The OTO 1 was deliberately priced to be a “No Brainer” at just $17.00 and designed to do ONE job…That was to get people onto the OTO 2. This OTO 1 was top seller in zoo for days during launch as a result!
- The OTO 2 was again feature & value stacked but priced at the same as the front end.
- The OTO 3 was the same as in the previous launch and was still converting
- The OTO 4 converted pretty decent too and both OTO 3 and 4 priced at $37.00
- Every point from OTO 1 onwards had a downsell.
- The downsell at OTO 1 generated over 200 sales and that was a lower priced option of OTO 2 with all the features of OTO 1 included.
- We used a pro copywriter and sales page designer for the front end only. I knew that those buying front end were familiar with SEO and from then onward we needed just features, price and demo for the OTO’s to sell to SEO people, which they did.
- We paid affiliates 50% of the first month with the recurring OTO’s and then 30% from month 2 onward, this is to offset costs involved with maintaining and supporting the products.
- We added several updates pretty quickly to the IFTTT software after launch.
- We had a Facebook group to keep people engaged
- More training webinars were done after launch
- I re-launched my SEO Sunday series straight after launch too, this increases engagement for my customers by giving high value training for free.
- I increased my buyers list by approximately 4000 people during these two launches, which in turn meant I didn’t have to launch again for a while and focused on delivering value and later 2 new “Alpha Tools” which combined I forecast will be approaching $200k in sales within the next 3 months.
- The recurring revenue meant that sales went from $139,000 during launch to over $170,000 over time and it is still growing.
I never needed to blast my list with daily offers, I had other recurring products long before these two launches and have been very conservative with email promos for more than 2 years.
Not burning your list gives you more people to sell to from lack of burning your list for a few dollars every day.
In short your list will open your emails when you do send something rather than become blind to them if seeing daily promotions.
There is far more money to be made this way than a few hundred dollars daily promoting other peoples stuff in my experience.
That’s it as far as the launch strategy is concerned, there are some real nuggets in there, hope you benefit from these product sales case studies and implement them to make more profits for your own products and affiliates.
To highlight the effects of having very good engagement with a highly engaged list, lets take a look at some sales stats for IFTTT Backlink Commando Before we went into a launch.
The first image below is for WP Backlink Commando sales of $5,697.00 which was the original name for IFTTT Backlink Commando and this is where the first sales started out…
Next you will see additional $5031,00 sales from adding the IFTTT Backlink Commando into JVzoo
Now you will see below the stats for IFTTT Backlink Commando after the launch which I sold from the old sales page on my blog and created a further $12,668.00 in sales, mainly just from blog traffic.
Pre and post launch sales total a further $18,997.73 in sales and if added to the launch total we will be hitting the $200k mark pretty soon for that particular product.
Again this is not being written to boast or show off, but instead to think differently about the marketing of your products to get the maximum revenue out of it and don’t forget, I have not been doing any paid ads for this product apart from during launch!
Plenty more scope for improvement there and some nice lessons for many people in this post. Hope you enjoyed it and have been inspired to take more action!
I will be starting a product creation & product marketing coaching product soon which will have “one on one” and group sessions. We will discuss and teach stuff like above and my last blog post about the Video Synd Alpha $124k pre launch sales strategies and much more.
Sign up on the optin form in the top right of the side bar and I will be mailing the list details of the Product creation & marketing coaching in the next week or two.